BIO/CONTACT

|

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

Hi!

My name's Alexios and I'm a Ph.D. student at the University of California's Graduate School of Environmental Science.

I grew up on Corfu island, Greece and in Baltimore, Maryland.

Academically, I completed a Senior Fellowship in Environmental Diplomacy and Documentary Photography at Dartmouth College, a Fulbright Grant on Environmental Science and Policy in Europe, a M.Sc. in Biodiversity Conservation and Management at Oxford University, and an M.F.A. and M.A. at the University of California in Photography/Filmmaking and International Relations, respectively.

During and in between school, I have worked as a search and rescue professional (taking part in several emergency medical operations around the globe ranging from Ground Zero to Sri Lanka, post-tsunami), as a photojournalist (focusing on environmental and social justice issues), and as a wilderness guide.

I have also worked at the White House (under President Clinton), for the National Geographic Society, and in the Balkans as the International Political Advisor for the organization charged with the development of the first and only trans-frontier conservation area (or “international peace park”) in the region, encompassing the Prespa ecosystem between Greece, Albania, and F.Y.R.O.M.

During my spare time, I like to travel, hike, swim, road bike, practice aikido, freerun, fly-fish, sail and kayak.

CONTACT DETAILS

aplotita@gmail.com

 

©2009 A P L O T I T A | Template Blue by TNB